300 Bloor Street West is a team effort. Why? Because we believe that a diversity of opinions and ideas are the best way to bring great ideas to life. People matter. Community matters. You matter.
We get that some of you might be reading this and thinking, “What difference does it make? They’re just going to do what they want anyway.” We understand how you might feel that way – the development industry can sometimes have a reputation for bulldozing, in more ways than one – but we’re genuinely interested in what you have to say.
Why is community involvement so important?
The benefits of community engagement are well documented: lower project costs, increased information, better decision-making, better outcomes for all stakeholders, and a greater understanding of the history and context of the site. Your input is vital, it will help make this project the best it can possibly be.
When 300 Bloor Street West is complete, it will become part of the fabric of the Annex, adding new opportunities to, live, worship, work, and play. And you will have played a role in that. With your help, the site will strengthen an already incredible community, and enhance quality of life for everyone who interacts with it, every day.
What are the benefits to the community?
Our vision for 300 Bloor Street West is simple -– to build a project that is socially, economically, and environmentally sustainable, one that will engage the community for decades to come.
300 Bloor Street West will:
- Ensure the long-term viability of Bloor Street United Church as a place of worship and a centre for community outreach.
- Enhance and revitalize the existing historic and cultural elements on site, through design that combines heritage preservation with progressive architecture.
- Contribute to the vibrant and thriving streetscape along Bloor Street West.
- Provide exciting new retail and commercial spaces to enhance streetlife and increase the offering for local residents.
- Introduce new residents to the Annex, people interested in supporting and contributing to the existing dynamics of the community.
- Improve the connectivity of the Annex with the Bloor Street corridor.
How can I participate in the process?
We’re committed to working collaboratively and transparently throughout this process to ensure that 300 Bloor Street West enhances everyone’s experience of the site. This is a conversation, not a monologue, and we invite you to join in.
Check out our project status for a schedule of upcoming community information sessions and milestone dates.
Stay up to date with the latest news on our blog.
Connect with our team to voice any questions or concerns.
Share your thoughts and get involved in something that will benefit the community for decades to come.
We’re in this together.